Samsung apparently stopped the development of drivers on the version Mac OS X 10.6, so if you upgraded to Sierra and you still need to install your printer, follow the steps
- Download drivers from Apple Support: https://support.apple.com/kb/dl905
- On the installation this one appears as (Samsung ML-1670 Series), add the printer
- Use the drivers for Samsung ML-1860 Series
This solution worked because CUPS generated the error:
INTERNAL ERROR – Please use proper driver.
VERSION: SPL 5.49 10-20-2010
And looks like the 1600 series is the 1860 in the USA.
When I upgraded from Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) to 10.13 (High Sierra) suddenly my MySQL Server just broke down and it was unrepairable, so I’m going to try to install it with brew, but in order to do that I needed to uninstall the current one and this is a clean way to do it
Just run the following commands
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/mysql
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/mysql*
sudo rm -rf /Library/StartupItems/MySQLCOM
sudo rm -rf /Library/PreferencePanes/My*
rm -rf ~/Library/PreferencePanes/My*
sudo rm -rf /Library/Receipts/mysql*
sudo rm -rf /Library/Receipts/MySQL*
sudo rm -rf /private/var/db/receipts/*mysql*
sudo rm /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.oracle.oss.mysql.mysqld.plist
I had a problem with a configuration file, so it’s better to remove it
sudo rm /etc/my.cnf
This is a really big time saver and helper when you don’t remember which is the name of the parameter that you need, so in order to enable it you just need to do the following.
Contrary to what I think this utility it is already on your computer the only thing that you need to do is inform to the bash where is it, so in order to do that add “/usr/local/mysql/bin” to the path on your ~/.profile file and thats all.
This is one of those errors that are pretty much undocumented and can lead to a huge waste of time trying to figure it out why, so I’m going to tell you how I fix it and hope that helps you too.
I was trying to add binary data into the database using the save() method on the Model and it keep failing time after time saying:
InvalidArgumentException: Malformed UTF-8 characters, possibly incorrectly encoded in ../vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Http/JsonResponse.php
To fix this on Laravel you just need to make sure that you are inserting correctly the information, after a while I realize that I was inserting some truncated data on the table and the exception thrown by Eloquent was catched by the exception handler, and it contained some binary data that was being responded afterwards.
So this is just an error generated because the system was trying to report another previous error, now after the stress it’s gone, it’s kind of funny.
Recently the company that I work for change my Lenovo T440 with Ubuntu 16.04 for a MacBook Air with macOS and although I never really liked Mac (Too expensive for the specs provided) I loved the change but there are several differences that, when it comes to web development, I need to take in account, so I just installed a local Ubuntu 16.04 server with VirtualBox to test my work before to put it out.
To avoid having to pull the source code each time I just wanted to share the development folder with the guest machine and in order to do that we need to make the following steps
Install the VirtualBox Guest Additions in the guest
Sometimes you need to proxy your traffic over a server in order to pass certain firewall rules, and/or geographic restrictions on some websites, configuring SQUID on your own droplet it’s very useful to solve this kind of needs, and the installation it’s pretty straight forward